
Well, for the first time in forever, Matt and I got to go away to the beach with no kids!!! It was so fun. Matt's
bro's and sis gave us a gift card to stay in a fancy
schmancy hotel plus
restaurant gift cards. We had a blast using them up--though I ate so much I feel like a whale! Above was the view from our room. This pic is kinda bad, but it was so pretty and you could see the whole lake/ocean. On the other side of the mile long bridge is Washington. Of course, we also had to visit the Astoria column from the
goonies. The stairs are being replaced so we couldn't go inside.

We came back to celebrate
easter with the
kiddy kats. Of course they had a blast and got
WAAAAY too much candy.


The best thing about Easter was it was also Daddy's birthday!!! Matt had a great day (I think) and we had a blast with family.

Chocolate' cake per M
att's request....


Just a joke gift for
Matt's b-day. He was a super good sport....would I really buy my husband a pink watch??? He thought maybe....
Matt is such a great husband and daddy. Happy Birthday Matt. We sure love ya!!!
Happy Easter, Ya'll!!!
16 comments:
Love love love that cake! How creative and it looks SO YUMMY!
What a great treat to get away from the kids! Sounds wonderful. That cake is incredible. Heidi, you really should go into business! Happy Bday Matt!
I would love a weekend away and we only have one baby, I can't imagine how nice a break would be with 3!
That cake is SO awesome. I think I'm going to try it one of these days since we are on diets around here. It has strawberries so it must be fat free, right?
that cake looked to die for. Let me know when you make another one and I'll drive down to Salem!
My goodness I miss you guys so much! And I WANT that cake. That vaca you went on sounds like heaven--you are located in a wonderful spot!
did you make that cake? those strawberries and chocolate look awesome!
love the pink watch.
glad you got to use those certificates.. sounds like a great time!
happy bday to both of you!
What a gorgeous cake Heidi! Well done! Goodness your kids are cute!
You are a very talented at cake decorating, a skill I definately lack. Great work!!!
oh my heck! that cake is awesome! teach me!! seriously, if we move there...i'll need some lessons!!
Looks like you had an amazing getaway! Good for you!
That cake is to die for!!! I agree with Mandy - you need to open a business, maybe even a mail-order one! :) You'd get a lot of business from Bismarck!
What a fun getaway!! What column from the Goonies?? I'm dying to know, it's my favorite movie!! Happy Birthday Matt, sweet watch!!
love the cake. Happy birthday to both of you. Looking at the pictures makes me so homesick.:( Happy Easter too. Good for you fot getting away and what a fun place!
YAY FOR VACATIONS WITH NO KIDS!!! i am super jealous! i think i could use one of those right about now.
and did you make that strawberry cake???! if you did you are CRAZY AMAZING!!!!!
happy birthday to your hubby!
I was wondering who had left me a comment as "Matthew"!!!
The birthday cakes look amazing!! you should start your own little business!
Where do you learn to decorate cakes? I seriously want to try that! And I LOVE the joke gift, that's such an awesome idea! Sounds like you have some awesome in-laws to give you such nice gift cards! wow! Can I be in your family? :) Glad you guys got some time away, you deserve it!!!
That cake looks divine! You seem to be having so much fun-- that's great! Just keep the pictures coming :)
Post a Comment