CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

OH, What do you do in the summertime???

YIKES! Lots to post about. Well, plenty of soakin' up the sun and busy days around here! We are lucky to live in such a gorgeous area. Don't you just love being able to spend so much time outside???
One of our trips exploring Silver creek falls

One weekend we got to go visit Matt's bros family and their cute kids......
Malia and Ami
Jaden loungin in their backyard
the battle wound Calvin came away with.....maybe he can repay Malia the favor one of these days.
SO, this may be almost too embarrassing to post, but we celebrated Sadie's half birthday. Okay, weird, I know, but we were looking for a good reason to give Sadie a new bike, and thought we may as well make a party out of it. C'mon, you have to admit, Christmas b-days are kinda a drag.....
Sadie and this bike have become INSEPARABLE!!!! She would seriously sleep with it if she could. She tells complete strangers about it, and even said to some police we saw at the park today, "did you know I have a princess bike at home???" If I ever can't find her, she is often in the garage just sitting on it! Love this girl!

So this place is completely nostalgic for me. Some of my great childhood memories came from going to enchanted forest. Good thing my kids love it cause they would probably have to go weather they like it or not!

{Tried to tell Jaden we weren't going to D-land, but he insisted on wearing the ears. Whatever.... }
Let Freedom Ring!


Yay for the 4th, one of my fav holidays. We had a day filled to the brim! My awesome brother in law got up at 5:30 am to save us some awesome parade spots--in the shade.
Front row seats+lots of candy+shade=A totally fun time!!
Then, we went to my sisters for a BBQ and b-day party for my niece.
Here we are waiting for the fireworks while the boys were all out watching some stock car dirt racing or whatever it is called before the fireworks.
(My mom, sister, our girls, and my awesome cousin, Sara)
WOWZERS this is a lot of pics.
Jaden going absolutely NUTS at a spray park here in town, and I mean NUTS!


So, after trying to teach this kid the mouse for at least forever and a day, he finally figured it out....so I have time to get my get my bathrooms clean....or something like that....they have spent a total of about 3 minutes playing but it was nice while it lasted.

The local fair....believe it or not they liked the animals better than the rides!?! They actually sat through a bunny judging contest, that lasted like a half hour! I never could figure out what they are judging when they are looking at a bunch of bunnies?


And of course---plenty of this. My beautiful dreamers!!



Hope you're having a wonderful SUMMER!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

it's about time you posted again! ;) I can't believe how big Malia is, holy cow! Your kids are so adorable and you do such fun things with them, I need to be more like you!! I loved enchanted forest, too, that brings back great memories! I love the mickey ears, that totally cracks me up! :)

Beth said...

Enchanted Forest is our family's FAVORITE place, we go there every year! Glad to see you are having a great summer!

Sara said...

Love your pictures! You've had a lot of fun and summers just begun!

Brenda said...

Cute pics! We have good friends whose daughter was born Christmas Day. A few years ago they did a 1/2 birthday too... Their daughter scored because we couldn't just ignore her real birthday so she got double the gifts that year (and we weren't the only ones who double gifted). They haven't done a half birthday again :)

Shelley said...

Glad to know you're having a good summer! Fun times. You have such a beautiful family. I miss you guys so much. I mentioned that to Ben the other day and he said that he thinks that all the time too.