CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

MY BABY BOY

My baby turned 4 years old yesterday! I can't believe it. It seems like he was just a baby and now he is growing up! Jaden had a great birthday! He went to preschool and they celebrated there. Then we took him to lunch at Space Aliens, his very favorite place. All he ate was the free birthday shake and a bunch of french fries.... but he had a blast. I felt bad dragging Sadie along because she really didn't feel well-- Malia had her first french fry and loved it. She ended up eating a ton. No wonder I couldn't get her to sleep last night. A girl after her mother's heart.




All Jaden wanted for his birthday was a Candyland party. We decided to make this cake, and he was so thrilled. (Good thing I had a bunch of Halloween and Christmas candy still. Do you think that is gross to feed your kids or what!) Jaden and I had a fun time decorating it. I told him where to put stuff and he put it on. He was just giddy! When it was time to cut the cake, Jaden and Sadie only ate the candy off their peices--not the cake. Boy did it look nauseating. I told Jaden to say goodbye and it is happily in the garbage. Jaden had a great time though and told everyone we saw that it was his birthday. It is so much fun to watch them light up and get so darn excited! He got a new bike with training wheels, but we don't have the right wrench to put it together, so that will have to get done this weekend...




Jaden is super smart and he always has a smile on his face. He is silly and always keeps us on our toes. He is sweet with his little sisters--and is so darn loveable. Happy Birthday Jaden!

For Valentines, we decided to have an indoor picnic with hambergers and the works. It was so much fun! Jaden was wondering why we don't eat on the floor every night. Ha! My mom sent fun valentine books and candy toy bags. They looooved them. My sweet valentine gave me the willow tree figurines I have been wanting for a long time. (Actually, I gave him the dad one for valentines) Matt is an awesome husband and dad. Happy Valentines Day!


7 comments:

Adrianna said...

Heidi, your family is so cute! What a fun idea to have a picnic to make Valentine's special. We are lame over here...

Lauralee said...

love that picture of jaden with his cake.. he is is darn cute!
sounds like a great picnic!

poor sadie, hope she gets better soon!

Sara said...

Ok...those hamburgers are making me hungry!! It must be time to eat...again! I love Jaden's cake. Did you get the idea from Taste of Home? I love those magazines!!

Sarah said...

Such cute pics, thanks for posting! What a fun birthday and V-day! I can't believe Jaden is 4 already, they grow up way too fast! We'll be in OR in March for spring break, when will you guys be there next?

Cami said...

Happy Birthday Jaden! Great cake! We need to say "good-bye" to all the extra candy around. I love that Matt wore shorts to the indoor picnic! You guys probably appreciate above freezing temperatures better than anyone I know!

Crystal said...

WOW! good job, guys! that is one CRAZY cake. move over martha stewart!!

Jaime said...

Heidi, I saw your comment on my blog and at first thought it was from my other friend with your exact same name. Her husband's name is Matt too! Where are you guys? I know you moved from Oregon to the east, but I wasn't sure exactly where. Jaden has the same birthday as my dad's! I think your kids are adorable! So good to hear from you.