Sunday, February 17, 2008
Alaina
Our sweet little neice, Alaina Christine passed away on Friday night. She was only three days old. She was born with a congenital heart defect that was unable to be repaired enough for her to live. It is so heartwrenching and tragic for this to happen to Matt's brother and his sweet wife Christine. They are the best parents of 4 little adorable boys and Alaina was their first, much anticipated little girl and sister. Why do we have to go through the trials we do? It is so hard to understand. I will definately not take my kids for granted, even when they make us nuts at times! I look at my little Malia and think that she must have known Alaina well, and is her great friend and heavenly sister. Our prayers are with them, it is so hard live so far away.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
that made me cry reading that.. I know it is so sad.. I bet times like this it is so hard to be so far away.. not much longer though!
take care!
I am so sorry to hear about your neice. Our prayers are with you guys and family. Are you going to travel out of town? Let me know if you need any help.
Des
I definately hug my kids a little tighter. I like to think that Malia, Amidala were close to Alaina. Their lives will be different without their cousin. Maybe she'll be their guardian angel.
I am crying as I write that. Even though I don't know your sister and brother-in-law my heart truly aches for them! Please know that their family (including you guys!) will be in our hearts and prayers during this difficult time. No words can still the grief of the pain that comes with the lost of a loved one, but I hope that the hope of eternity with her will help ease the sorrow!
that is so sad! i wonder sometimes why we have to suffer through these huge trials. life is so hard, and horrible at times. thanks goodness for the knowlegde of the gospel, and the knowlegde of forever families. we are lucky to have it.
Post a Comment