CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weenie Roast "Campout"

So, we went out to Oregon for Matt's clinicals and for Jeffy's wedding. (I'll post about the wedding later) Well, the weather was just amazing most the whole 3 1/2 weeks we were there. The kids got to spend a ton of time outside and playing with tons of cousins.
Uncle Darrell is the coolest, and always thinks of fun ways to spoil the rest of us. He made this to die for homeade ice cream. MMMMmmm. This is the best kind of what I call, "camping". I love to be outside, but I say, why on earth would I go sleep outside and be stinky dirty when I can sleep in a soft bed?!? Especially with a bunch of little kids! So, this was the greatest night. Brats, smores and a good old fashioned campfire....and then go home and get in bed!

my cute sister, Becky and her husband Darrell, with little Katie

The newlyweds


mmmmm, smores!
Grandma took the kids on a snipe hunt. They hunted forever, and never really found any...

6 comments:

Lauralee said...

so fun to see these pictures.. it has been a long time since I have seen your family!

glad you are home safe.. hope it goes by super quick for you!

Shelley said...

Looks like so much fun! I can hardly believe how big Malia is getting! Such a cutie - as are your other two kids. I'm glad you guys are back for a little while though. We'll have to get together!

Brenda said...

I love to see little Beckys and Heidis running around. It reminds me of when we were little.

Brenda said...

and btw... love that you call em "weenies" just like Grandma Marian ;)

Jordan said...

It's great to hear from you! I'm envious you were able to visit Oregon and even sort of camp - every summer I wish we could go, but it would be such a nightmare to try and get everything there!

Crystal said...

ohmygosh! CRAZY!! how fun to see your family. it's been forever! HI ASHBY'S!!!!